Harrisburg Employee Injury Lawyer
In Harrisburg, and throughout Pennsylvania, injured employees can file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. Under the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act, the majority of employees are eligible for benefits, but it is possible to lose the right to these benefits if the proper process is not followed when filing a claim. Below, our Harrisburg employee injury lawyer explains the process when filing a claim.
Steps to Take when Filing a Workers’ Comp Claim
One of the best ways to ensure you receive the benefits you deserve after being hurt on the job is to know the proper steps to take. These are as follows:
- Obtain medical treatment: Your health and well-being are the most important priority after a workplace accident. It is critical that you obtain medical treatment for your injuries. Ask your employer about the doctor you should see, but after 90 days of your first visit, you can choose your own doctor.
- Report your injury: In Pennsylvania, employers are required to post a form in the workplace that tells you how to report a work injury. This form includes the name, address, and phone number of the workers’ compensation insurance company, administrator, or the contact person in the company. Look for this form and follow the included instructions. You must report your injury within 120 days of the accident, but you should report it as soon as possible.
- Document the injury: You should document your injuries as much as possible to prove the nature and severity of them. Keep all medical records and bills as well as a personal pain journal or other issues you experience due to the accident.
- Contact a workers’ compensation lawyer: You have rights after being hurt on the job but insurance companies do not always want to uphold them. A lawyer will advise you of your rights and help you exercise them.
- Follow all medical recommendations: Not only is it critical that you obtain medical treatment after a workplace accident, but you should also follow through with all medical treatments and recommendations. This will prove to the insurance company that you are injured and doing everything you can to recover.
How Can a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Help?
A Harrisburg employee injury and workers’ comp lawyer can help you file your initial claim. During the process, and even after, a lawyer can help in a number of ways including:
- Determine what caused your accident
- Document your injuries to determine if and when you can return to work
- Deal with the lawyers for the insurance company on your behalf
- Handle third-party claims
- Appeal if you have been denied benefits
Our Employee Injury Lawyer in Harrisburg Can Help You Through the Process
While you may be eligible for benefits after being hurt at work, obtaining them is not easy. At Ira H. Weinstock, P.C., our Harrisburg employee injury and workers’ comp lawyer can guide you through the process so you have the best chance of a successful outcome. Call us now at 717-238-1657 or contact us online to request a consultation.