Harrisburg Union Worker Injury Lawyer
Union workers are the backbone of communities throughout Pennsylvania. Union workers are responsible for performing so many duties from building bridges and roads to delivering much-needed packages and products. While performing these jobs, union workers often have to work in life-threatening conditions while using dangerous equipment. If you are a union worker who was hurt on the job, you do have legal options. Our Harrisburg union worker injury lawyer can advise you of what those are while helping you obtain the benefits you need.
Who are Union Workers?
There are many different types of union workers who have the right to a safe work environment. Our workers’ comp lawyer represents many different types of union workers, including:
- Masons, carpenters, bricklayers, and bridge workers
- Utility workers
- Slaughterhouse workers, auto workers, and other factory employees
- Construction workers
- Agricultural workers
- Police officers and other law enforcement employees
- Truck drivers
- Delivery drivers
- Cannery employees
- Hotel, restaurant, and bar employees
- Messengers and delivery workers
- Office workers
- A/C installers, electricians, plumbers, and welders
- Sanitation workers
- Warehouse workers
What Benefits are Available to Union Workers?
Union workers are just as entitled to receive workers’ compensation after a workplace accident as any other type of employee. Workers’ compensation can provide many benefits including:
- Medical expenses including medications, reconstructive surgeries, doctors’ visits, rehabilitation, and medical devices
- Death benefits for surviving family members if a union worker does not survive an accident
- Partial disability payments to cover a portion of lost income if injuries prevent a worker from earning an equivalent salary they had before the accident
- Total disability payments if union workers are unable to return to work
- Permanent injury benefits for amputations, disfigurement, or hearing loss
What Injuries do Union Workers Suffer On the Job?
Due to the dangerous nature of the work they do, union workers suffer many different types of injuries. They include:
- Broken bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Knee injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Hand injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Occupational injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fall injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
Tips for Obtaining Workers’ Compensation Benefits
If you are a union worker and have sustained an injury while on the job, there are steps you can take to protect your rights. These include:
- Document the accident scene and your injuries.
- Locate witnesses and ask them for their name and contact information.
- Notify your employer as soon as possible.
- Seek medical treatment and ask your employer if they have a list of approved providers.
- Speak to a workers’ compensation lawyer.
Call Our Union Worker Injury Lawyer in Harrisburg for Help
As a union worker, you have rights to workers’ compensation benefits after being hurt on the job. Unfortunately, they are not always easy to obtain. At Ira H. Weinstock, P.C., our Harrisburg union worker injury and workers’ comp lawyer knows the system and will guide you through the process so you obtain the full and fair benefits you need. Call us now at 717-238-1657 or fill out our online form to schedule a free review of your case and to get the legal help you need.