Lancaster Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury lawyers in Lancaster can help victims recover considerable compensation. This compensation is crucial if you’re dealing with considerable medical expenses, especially if your injuries have left you unable to work. In some cases, this might be the only way that victims can actually afford the necessary medical treatment to recover and move on with their lives as best they can. Whether you’ve suffered a minor injury or a permanent disability, you have every right to fight for the compensation you deserve.
While the law protects injury victims in Lancaster, you’ll need help from a legal professional in order to navigate the legal system effectively. Your Lancaster personal injury lawyer can help you gather evidence, negotiate on your behalf, and represent you in court if necessary. If you’d like to get started with your personal injury claim, get in touch with a qualified, experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The statute of limitations in Pennsylvania highlights that if you wait too long, you might not be able to file a lawsuit and recover compensation.
Can I File a Claim Without a Lawyer?
Technically, there’s nothing stopping you from filing a personal injury lawsuit on your own and representing yourself. But this is almost always an ill-advised move, as the average person does not possess the necessary legal knowledge and experience to achieve a positive outcome. Even if you simply want to accept a settlement without going to court, it still makes sense to have a lawyer on your side. This is because insurance companies are infamous for offering you as little as they think they can get away with.
A lawyer can negotiate effectively on your behalf with the insurance companies, ensuring you get a much larger settlement. They can also handle various legal steps, such as paperwork, appeals, compiling evidence, and so on. If you try to handle these steps on your own, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and make mistakes. These mistakes can be very costly.
Steps for Filing an Injury Claim
Dealing with this process is relatively straightforward:
- Get Medical Treatment: Always, always get the medical treatment you need if you have been injured. This should be your first priority.
- Start Gathering Evidence: Even before you get in touch with an attorney, you can start gathering evidence. Photos of the accident scene, phone numbers of nearby witnesses, and medical records can all be helpful.
- Connect With an Attorney: You should get in touch with an attorney as soon as possible after these steps are complete. Once you connect with a lawyer, they can guide you through the more complicated stages.
- Negotiate for a Settlement: Before you go to court, you will have the opportunity to negotiate for a settlement. The vast majority of personal injury lawsuits are settled without going to court.
- Go to Court if Necessary: If a settlement cannot be reached, you’ll need to go through the trial process. Your lawyer will represent you in court as they try to get you the compensation you need.
Contact a Dedicated Attorney for Help with Your Case
If you’ve been searching the Lancaster area for a qualified, experienced personal injury attorney, look no further than Ira H. Weinstock, P.C. With our assistance, you can strive for a fair, adequate settlement that covers medical expenses, missed wages, emotional distress, and any other damages you might have incurred due to your injuries. We are committed to victims’ rights, and we know how crucial these settlements can be. Book your consultation today, and we can go over your full range of legal options together.