York Workplace Back Injury Lawyer
Workers in many different fields suffer back injuries in York. Although you might associate this type of injury with heavy physical labor, it can also occur in workplaces known for lighter duties, such as offices or restaurants. Even bending over to pick up a pen can result in a serious back injury. These injuries become much more common as we get older, but they can affect workers of all ages. As a result, the risk of back injury is a serious concern in virtually all of York’s various industries.
The good news is that if you have suffered a work injury, you can reach out to our York workplace back injury lawyer, who can file a workers’ compensation claim. Pennsylvania provides workers with a strong degree of protection, and your employer is legally required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Because of this, it should be relatively easy to recover considerable compensation for your injury – especially if you work alongside a qualified, committed attorney.
Common Workplace Back Injuries
Here are some of the most common workplace back injuries in York:
- Strains: Strains can be caused by a wide range of tasks, especially repetitive ones. For example, sitting or standing for long periods can result in lower back pain. On the other hand, physically active employees are also likely to sprain their backs. These injuries are generally mild but may require medication and physical therapy.
- Herniated Discs: Herniated discs can be caused by sudden movements or improper lifting techniques. These discs can cause tremendous pain when they slip out of place.
- Pinched Nerves: Pinched nerves can occur when a disc pushes against a nerve. This injury can be caused by a range of work-related duties.
- Fractures: Fractures are among the most serious back injuries a worker can suffer. These injuries are often caused by falls, heavy machinery accidents, and car accidents.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: A lifetime of repetitive motions at work can easily result in degenerative disc disease. These injuries are much more common for older workers.
Receiving Your Settlement
The majority of back injuries heal over time, but they can still put you out of work for weeks or months. This means that you’re missing your wages while spending money on treatment, therapy, and medication for your back. Your best option is to file a workers’ comp claim, as this will provide you with compensation for both your medical expenses and your missed wages.
Enlist the Help of a Qualified Attorney Today
For help from a skilled attorney, contact Ira H. Weinstock, P.C. We know that even a slight back twinge can put you on the sidelines for weeks or even months, resulting in significant financial losses due to missed wages. While Pennsylvania’s laws guarantee you compensation for these losses, you often need to fight hard in order to take advantage of your employee rights. Book your consultation today, and we can help you do just that.