Premises Liability: Holding Property Owners Liable For Personal Injuries In Harrisburg
Slips and falls, getting struck by or against objects, and other types of accidents can happen when out shopping, dining, running errands, and engaging in other activities or when visiting others in these homes. Unfortunately, these could leave you suffering serious personal injuries in Harrisburg. Even injuries that appear minor at first could cause potential permanent disability. Filing a premises liability claim in Harrisburg can help you get the compensation you need to recover.
Property Owners Can Be Held Liable For Dangerous Conditions
People who own homes, apartment buildings and condominiums, office spaces, stores, restaurants, or other public places have a legal duty to maintain the premises. This includes warning visitors and invited guests of potentially dangerous conditions and providing proper maintenance to protect the safety of others. Common issues found on public and private property that could put you at risk include:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Damaged flooring materials;
- Cluttered aisles and walkways;
- Uneven sidewalks;
- Loose shelving and appliances;
- Improperly attached lighting and other fixtures;
- Exposed electrical wiring;
- Failure to maintain landscaping;
- Failure to restrain pets or provide proper security fencing.
When property owners fail in their legal duty and allow dangerous conditions to exist, they can be held liable for personal injuries that you suffer as a result. Filing a premises liability claim in Harrisburg provides a sense of justice and can help you get the compensation needed to cover your losses, including medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
Protecting Your Rights In A Harrisburg Premises Liability Claim
When you suffer personal injuries in Harrisburg due to the reckless and negligent behavior of property owners or managers, you have the right to hold them liable for your losses. Compensation may be available either by submitting a claim through their property insurance company or by filing a premises liability lawsuit through the Dauphin County Civil Court.
To protect your rights to compensation in a Harrisburg premises liability claim, it is important to take certain steps. These include:
- Report the accident immediately to the property owner, onsight security, or other authority;
- Make sure an accident report is filed and details what happened and the circumstances involved;
- Get contact and insurance information from the property owner;
- Gather evidence, such as photos or videos at the scene and contact information for witnesses;
- Seek medical care as soon as possible, avoid downplaying your injuries, and follow doctor instructions for aftercare and activity restrictions.
Contact Our Harrisburg Premises Liability Lawyer To Request A Consultation Today
Property owners have a legal duty to maintain the premises and warn visitors of potential hazards. When they fail to do so and you suffer serious, potentially disabling personal injuries as a result, you may be entitled to compensation in a premises liability claim.
Our experienced Harrisburg personal injury lawyer provides the comprehensive client service and trusted, local legal representation you need to get the maximum amount possible. To protect your rights, contact Ira H. Weinstock, P.C. and request a consultation today.